Monday, January 19, 2009

Care Package!



We finally got everything together for a care package to send to Leila.  All this stuff along with a couple of extra toys and a disposable camera are going to China to hopefully be given to Leila.  The items include a hat, mittens and blanket to keep her warm, a disposable camera so her care taker can snap some photos of her life in China, a photo album with some photos of some faces we hope she will be meeting soon, a mini buster-like dog toy to help get her used to dogs, a cute little security blanket bear toy, and a bag of chocolates for her care taker.   The blanket and photo album are both Winnie the Pooh.

Putting together the photo album took a long time.  We had to look for photos that make all our family members look happy and friendly.  Hopefully she will look forward to meeting all of us.  We also were sure to put in some photos of the family kids - Masha, Nora Beth, and JB.  We hope the package has safe travels to China and our girl will like her new things.

Mike and Kelly

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet care package for your girl and very thoughtfully put together. I hope the package gets there swiftly and safely and her caregiver takes a lot of great pictures to send back to you both.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funniest part of that story didn't make it to the blog yet, but we were told that everything needed to go into a shoebox sized package.and I was totally unwilling to leave out any of the items that we decided would go to her. so I spent ten minuets packing it so tight I had to use extra tape so the box wouldn't burst, when just as I had finished Kelly said "Oh My God we didn't put the cameras in " so I cut the box open and after another fifteen minuets was able to get everything into the box. we just hope we didn't squish all of the nannies chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You guys are just so cute and I'm sure the nanny won't mind a bit if the chocolates are squished or not. They'll eat just fine.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete