
Yesterday Kimberly and Nora Beth came back over to help work on the upstairs of the bedroom. Scott was off work, so he came out too, and together they did an awesome job of getting everything out of the upstairs so we can sand the floor next week. The unfortunate side effect of taking everything out of your attic is that now our living room looks like this. Eek! How on earth did we acquire that much stuff? Thanks to the Averys for all their help!!!

This photo is of the mural I painted in what will be the new master bedroom in the upstairs of our house. Even the bricks are painted on. I'm pretty proud how it turned out.

The walls and ceiling are nearly ready for painting in Leila's room. Next week we will sand the floors and hopefully get a good start on refinishing them.

This is going to be the master bedroom area. Our upstairs was one long open area from Leila's room through the master bedroom and into the bathroom. We've been busy putting in walls to help break things up.

Its the closet that Kelly built. There was a little mix-up with the door frame and how to install a door. I called Guppa to help me figure things out a bit better. Then just to make sure I was doing everything right I started calling Guppa about every hour just to ask him what to do next. He was very patient with me. Thanks Dad!

This is the new tile Mike is installing in the bathroom We really like it because it has that natural stone feel which goes well with our southwestern/Mexico theme.

We got a great deal on some marble tile a year or so ago. This year Mike started to install this tile around the tub/shower area. Looks great Mikey!!

If any of you wonder what I look like when sitting at the computer writing all of this stuff. This photo pretty much sums it up. Feet propped and surrounded by dogs.
Wow when I look at those pictures I can see that you're right we are doomed, how are we ever going to get all that stuff done on time. and In case any of you don't believe her it's true that really is what she looks like. I miss you guys and boy do we ever need a bigger couch. I miss you guys Mike
ReplyDeleteWOW! Major construction! Leila's going to love the new look. You guys are really handy around the house. The mural is awesome.
ReplyDeleteand oh by the way did I mention I miss you guys. Mikie
ReplyDeleteLove the mural, the closet, the tile and you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh, and the dogs - love the dogs too!
ReplyDeleteHey Shann Vivian says she misses her Uncle Joe well really she said Boo Woo Woo but thats what she meant
ReplyDeleteHey, the upstairs is looking great. I love the brick wall and murals and the tile. Can hardly recognize our old spare bedroom. Have never seen your living room look so unliveable. Soon the upstairs will be finished and all will be back in place.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you do such a good job of blogging, Kelly, with your " Blogger Dogs" to help.
LOve you guys, Nai Nai an Ye Ye