Last Thursday was my (Kelly's) 40th birthday. To help me forget how old I was turning a friend of mine from work threw me a baby shower. It was amazing. Here's the cake that says "Welcome Leila!". Love it!
Mike even came on out for the event. Another guy (far left in this photo) is my co-worker, Mike, who adopted two girls from China several years ago. We enjoyed talking to him about his China experience.
My friend Jane, who threw the party, not only organized the event, but I was so surprised to find one of her famous hand-quilled cards as one of her gifts. She taught me to quill, and we spent many a lunch hour wrapping strips of paper and gluing them to cards like this. I was very impressed that she found a lady bug design.The other gift I'm holding here is a lady bug rug, also from Jane.
We were so excited to see all of our gifts. Mike was excited to see some tub toys! I loved the stuffed animals and learning toys.
Our other friend Jane, she sad on the other side of Mike, is my friend I go rock climbing with. She gave us some really neat crayons and some squishy balls. I was joking with her that she gave us toys that would improve Leila's grip so she could do rock climbing.
Here's one of the big gifts that a group of people went in on. Its a neat trike that you can change around from a stroller to a rocking toy to a tricycle. The group also gave us an umbrella stroller (now we have one for each car!), and some left over $$$.The people I used to work with downtown also sent us a card and a gift certificate for $135 to Babies R Us! Again, EPD has such wonderful generous people. Penny, John, and Elizabeth even came from their down town office to attend the shower at my office. Thanks to everyone for the great gifts!!!
The lady in the pretty black shirt with the flowers is my friend Jane who organized the party. It sure was awesome. Thanks so much Jane!!Mike and Kelly



Oh how fun and what great coworkers!!! We have a work shower this Friday..I cant believe we are so close to China!
ReplyDelete