Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Consulate Appointment!!!!

Whew!!  Seemed it was quite a long wait for us to get our consulate appointments.  I've been going crazy worrying that we wouldn't be able to leave next week.  We will be leaving on Monday at 9 am to start our journey.  We are going to be spending a couple of days in Shanghai and hopefully get to go see the hospital where Leila had her surgery.  Then we will be off to Beijing to meet up with our agency rep and adoption group on Thursday March 5th. 

We will spend a couple of days touring around Beijing seeing the Great Wall and some other neat places.  Then at long last it is off to Henan where we will finally meet our daughter - yeah! 

We'll spend a week or so in Henan then fly on down to Guangzhou to have our consulate visit (the appointment we have been waiting on), then back to Shanghai and finally home on the 20th.  We will be back in time to celebrate Leila's 2nd birthday!!

I am happy happy happy!!!

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Nanna and Guppa are happy, also!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such wonderful news. I am overjoyed for you. And if you have a long layover in Shanghai on your way home, there's a great play area for Leila. Hana had fun playing there during our 5-hour layover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and Kelly,
    Nai Nai and Auntie are sitting here crying as we are so happy for you and Leila. Anxious to hear more as you leave on your journey. God's blessing to all of you during this exciting time.
    Mom and Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You're almost there!!! Looking forward to following your blog over the next couple of weeks. Huge hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you guys! I cant wait to see you guys all together!
    Obadiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Kelly!!! I can't believe she is almost here. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mike and Kelly,

    Finally, you'll be on your way Mon.--can hardly believe that day is almost here. We are so excited and sooo anxious to meet Leila. I may kiss the color off her picture before you get here with her. We're saying prayers for a safe and happy trip for all three of you.

    Love, Nai Nai and YeYe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, Kelly & Leila,
    The wait is over! Our hearts and prayers go with you as you make this wonderful journey! Can't wait to meet our beautiful little niece.
    Much love,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you're leaving tomorrow!!! Have a safe trip! I'm so happy for you both and can't wait to follow your journey!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete